Mathlink and C/C++

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg65737] Mathlink and C/C++
  • From: Goyan <Goyanian at>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 03:49:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

[This post has been delayed due to email problems - moderator]

Hi all,

Recently I have been trying to compile a program using VC++ 6 and
Mathlink. The source code was originally written by someone else and
under kdevelop for Linux. The source code is in *.cpp format but
actually it is written in C. I've written a wrapper cpp file for using
it in Mathematica. However, when I compile it, it gives the error message: : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
myProgram(double *,long,double *,long,int,int,double,double)"
Debug/MyProgram.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Has anyone had similar experience before?

Thank you for your time.

*** Free account sponsored by ***
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from ***