Accessing Mathematica on a remote server from java

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg65754] Accessing Mathematica on a remote server from java
  • From: pradeep suresh <pradeep at>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 03:49:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

[This post has been delayed due to email problems - moderator]

I have a java code which is using the mathematica kernel on my machine
to perform computations, i generate the mathematica statements in the
code send and recieve expressions from the mathmatica kernel through
mathlink commands.I'd like to know if there's a way i can do this with
the mathematica copy installed in another machine/server.Ultimately we
dont want to the user to have mathematica on his/her machine to run this
java program, he/she should be able to use the mathematica installed in
our server.Our group also has a licensed version of webMathematica
Amateur but i dont know if that will solve my purpose.
Plz help!
Thanks in advance

Pradeep Suresh
Purdue University