MathLink and Sparse Matrices
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65742] MathLink and Sparse Matrices
- From: Jose Martinez <martinez at cs.utwente.nl>
- Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 03:49:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
[This post has been delayed due to email problems - moderator] Hi there, I have been working with Mathematica and Mathlink/C++ for awhile, specifically in iterative numerical methods for Markovian processes. So far, to pass information between Mathematica and C++ executables I have been importing/exporting the matrices (sparse) which characterize the process under study. Do you know an easy way to pass a sparse matrix through Mathlink, as with a regular matix, i.e. something like a GetSparseArray() function, and avoiding exporting/importing to/from a file? The matrices I am considering are about 100Mbyte in size (SparseArray). And I have already tried to obtain the entries of the matrices as arrays using ArrayRules(), but you need 10 times more memory than the size of the matrix, for the conversion process. many thanks in advance.. Jose M. Martinez Ph.D. student, University of Twente, the Netherlands.