Re: Matrix rows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65814] Re: [mg65757] Matrix rows
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 02:29:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Peter,

Could you Sort the rows and then use Split? Then find if any Split group has
a length greater than 1.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: King, Peter R [mailto:peter.king at imperial.ac.uk]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

[This post has been delayed due to email problems - moderator]

Another question for which I am sure there is a trivial solution.

If I have a matrix (not square - nearly always has more rows than
columns). Is there a simple way to check if two (or more) rows are the
same. I don't need to know how many rows are the same just if any are
the same. Clearly I could loop through the matrix but this must be of
order n^2 for an n row matrix.

Any suggestions?