Re: Matrix rows
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65814] Re: [mg65757] Matrix rows
- From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
- Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 02:29:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Peter, Could you Sort the rows and then use Split? Then find if any Split group has a length greater than 1. David Park djmp at earthlink.net http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/ From: King, Peter R [mailto:peter.king at imperial.ac.uk] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net [This post has been delayed due to email problems - moderator] Another question for which I am sure there is a trivial solution. If I have a matrix (not square - nearly always has more rows than columns). Is there a simple way to check if two (or more) rows are the same. I don't need to know how many rows are the same just if any are the same. Clearly I could loop through the matrix but this must be of order n^2 for an n row matrix. Any suggestions?