Re: Named Formats? (followup question)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg65808] Re: Named Formats? (followup question)
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 02:29:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <e1surj$cjf$1 at>, AES <siegman at>

> I like to work in Mathematica with screen magnification 125% or 150%,
> cells wrapped to window width, then convert to 100% magnification, cells
> wrapped to page width, and Show Page Breaks turned on for printing to
> paper -- or maybe other options for print to PDF.
> Is there any kind of "named format" capability, akin to Style Sheets,
> that would enable one to switch between these options in one click (or
> maybe by executing one notebook cell?), instead of having to execute a
> multi-step sequence of menu commands?

Called Environments, they are part of the StyleSheet functionality.

For the "Working" style set

and for the "Printout" style set (the default)

Using the "ShowPageBreaks" Front End Token you can Show Page Breaks:

    FrontEnd`EvaluationNotebook[], "ShowPageBreaks"]}]

Note that this is a toggle -- executing it if page breaks are showing
turns it off.

However, there does not seem to be a Front End Token for switching

  Format | Screen Style Environment | Working

  Format | Screen Style Environment | Printout

Paul Abbott                                      Phone:  61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013                            Fax: +61 8 6488 1014
The University of Western Australia         (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)