Re: Named Formats? (followup question)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65862] Re: Named Formats? (followup question)
  • From: Maxim <m.r at inbox.ru>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 04:54:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 07:38:36 +0000 (UTC), Paul Abbott
<paul at physics.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> In article <e1surj$cjf$1 at smc.vnet.net>, AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> I like to work in Mathematica with screen magnification 125% or 150%,
>> cells wrapped to window width, then convert to 100% magnification, cells
>> wrapped to page width, and Show Page Breaks turned on for printing to
>> paper -- or maybe other options for print to PDF.
>>
>> Is there any kind of "named format" capability, akin to Style Sheets,
>> that would enable one to switch between these options in one click (or
>> maybe by executing one notebook cell?), instead of having to execute a
>> multi-step sequence of menu commands?
>
> Called Environments, they are part of the StyleSheet functionality.
>
> For the "Working" style set
>
>   Magnification->1.5,
>   PageWidth->WindowWidth,
>
> and for the "Printout" style set (the default)
>
>   PageWidth->PaperWidth,
>
> Using the "ShowPageBreaks" Front End Token you can Show Page Breaks:
>
>   FrontEndExecute[{FrontEndToken[
>     FrontEnd`EvaluationNotebook[], "ShowPageBreaks"]}]
>
> Note that this is a toggle -- executing it if page breaks are showing
> turns it off.
>
> However, there does not seem to be a Front End Token for switching
>
>   Format | Screen Style Environment | Working

>   Format | Screen Style Environment | Printout
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

For some reason the first command works but the second one doesn't:

FrontEndTokenExecute[
   "Format", "ScreenStyleEnvironment", "Presentation"]

FrontEndTokenExecute[SelectedNotebook[],
   "Format", "ScreenStyleEnvironment", "Presentation"]

Maxim Rytin
m.r at inbox.ru