Re: Limit bug?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65911] Re: [mg65904] Limit bug?
- From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
- Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 06:17:11 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: hanlonr at cox.net
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I don't know why the second form does not evaluate but you can force it with TrigToExp Limit[TrigToExp[x - Log[Cosh[x]]], x->Infinity] log(2) Bob Hanlon > > From: "Ray Koopman" <koopman at sfu.ca> To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net > Subject: [mg65911] [mg65904] Limit bug? > > Does anyone have an explanation for this? > I was expecting Out to be Log. > > In:= Limit[ Log[Cosh[x]] - x, x -> Infinity] > > Out= -Log > > In:= Limit[ x - Log[Cosh[x]], x -> Infinity] > > Out= Limit[x-Log[Cosh[x]],x\[Rule]\[Infinity]] > >