Re: Limit bug?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65911] Re: [mg65904] Limit bug?
- From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
- Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 06:17:11 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: hanlonr at cox.net
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I don't know why the second form does not evaluate but you can force it with
Limit[TrigToExp[x - Log[Cosh[x]]], x->Infinity]
> From: "Ray Koopman" <koopman at sfu.ca>
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
> Subject: [mg65911] [mg65904] Limit bug?
> Does anyone have an explanation for this?
> I was expecting Out to be Log.
> In:= Limit[ Log[Cosh[x]] - x, x -> Infinity]
> Out= -Log
> In:= Limit[ x - Log[Cosh[x]], x -> Infinity]
> Out= Limit[x-Log[Cosh[x]],x\[Rule]\[Infinity]]
Prev by Date:
How to extract functions from a list and call them with any argument?
Next by Date:
Re: A bug in ListPlot3D ?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Re: Limit bug?