Why D[x', x] isn't 0 ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66094] Why D[x', x] isn't 0 ?
- From: "Vladimir" <vladimir347 at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 03:40:49 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
D[x'', x'] => 0 (* okay *)
D[x', x] => x'' (* unexpected despite being similar to above *)
D[f[x'], x] => x'' f'[x'] (* unexpected as well *)
Why the last 2 lines don't produce zeroes and how to make them
do so (for any function f) because it's quite common in mechanics
where velocity is treated as independent of position, etc.
Prev by Date:
Calling .exe with Run
Next by Date:
Re: nearest neighbor
Previous by thread:
Re: Calling .exe with Run
Next by thread:
Re: Why D[x', x] isn't 0 ?