NDSolve with boundary condition(s) at infinity?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg68482] NDSolve with boundary condition(s) at infinity?
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 01:40:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Can NDSolve be used for ODEs with one (or two) boundary condition(s) being that solution must tend toward zero at infinity? [Eigenmodes of complex slab waveguides with transversely varying index and loss profiles being the case of interest.] Pointers to alternative Mathematica-based attacks? [Didn't find any answer to first query in extended documentation for NDSolve.]