using answer form reduce

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68616] using answer form reduce
  • From: "akil" <akomur at wanadoo.nl>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 05:52:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

After using reduce I get the following two types of answers:

answer == Real1 || answer == Real2
or
answer == Real3
, the type can change from one formula to another.

I need the Reals, and put them all in a list. The problem is getting all the
reals, without knowing which type I deal with, it should be able to be done
fast.

I tried making a list of the returned adres, and then using
Cases[list, _Real, Infinity] and using Select[list,NumericQ] but both do not
give me the answer I require.

How can I get the answer I require e.g. something like {Real1,Real2,Real3}