Re: How to run/call a Mathematica Notebook from another Notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68658] Re: How to run/call a Mathematica Notebook from another Notebook
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 06:44:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Prash wrote:
> HI,
>
> How to run/call a Mathematica Notebook from another Notebook ?
>
> say, I want Notebook A and B to be executed and then Notebook C. How do
> I run/call Notebooks A and B from C ?
>
> Regards,
> Prashanth

  For example,

  nb= NotebookOpen["C:\\Program Files\\Wolfram
Research\\Mathematica\\5.2\\AddOns\\Applications\\WebServices\\Examples\\WolframWebSearch.nb"];
  SelectionMove[ nb, All, Notebook]
  SelectionEvaluate[nb]
NotebookClose[nb]

Check section 2.11.3 "Manipulating Notebooks from the Kernel" of _The
Mathematica Book_,
http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/book/section-2.11.3

HTH,
Jean-Marc