- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg68686] distance function
- From: dimmechan at yahoo.com
- Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 03:36:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In the book of Gaylord et al. (1996) there is one exercise which asks
(see page 113)
"Given a list of points in the plane, write a function that finds the
set of all distances
between the points."
Although there is one solution, that solution makes use of the Table
and Length commands.
Is it a way to define the same function using Higher-Order functions
like Outer, MapThread etc?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Product over an arbitrary index.
Previous by thread:
Re: position lists
Next by thread:
Re: distance function