Re: distance function

If you don't mind an "extravagant" solution -- one that is conceptually
simple and short but is probably inefficient due to redundant
calculations -- then this works, I believe:

   d[{p_, q_}] := Norm[p - q]
   allDistances[pts_] := Union[Flatten[Outer[d, pts, pts]]]

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305