solve differential equation problem

Here we often use mathematica to solve differential equations, when I
encouter a equation with several constrains I set them to those values.
But it cannot solve it and have the following warnings:

    DSolve::deqx: Supplied equations are not differential equations of
the given functions.

Give a very simple differential equation here:

  DSolve[{y'[x] == r*y[x], y[0] == a}, y, x]

Can anyone help to "solve" this problem for me?
Thanks!