Re: Graphics--If condition in Plot3D?????????
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg69040] Re: Graphics--If condition in Plot3D?????????
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 01:24:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
madhukarrapaka at yahoo.com wrote:
> Actually i want to display a 3D plot of an Intensity in a Cylidrical volume. The intensity is calculated as follows.
> I=P/2*Pi*r*L .; where P=10.3,L=0.45,r=dist. ,r0=0.025,T=0.9,d=0.1643;
As it at already been said, do NOT use CAPITAL letters as variable name.
For instance, this following attempt to define a variable called
capital I is a very nasty one:
I = (P/2)*Pi*r*L
--> Set::"wrsym" : "Symbol (I) is Protected.
Capital I is already defined as Sqrt[-1]. Basically, you just tried to
change the value of the imaginary unit, unit that is of quite importance
in mathematics in particular and in sciences in general.
You definitely should spend some time reading the documentation.
Prev by Date:
Re: Erf[InverseErf] -- making a function and its inverse cancel
Next by Date:
Re: Selecting Lists Without Null Results
Previous by thread:
Graphics--If condition in Plot3D?????????
Next by thread:
Re: Re: Where Style Sheets are located