efficient term collection algorithm

Dear Math Group

I wish to combine terms in a expression which share a denominator, such
as in the following simple case:

In[1]:=
a/i+b/j+c/i//.Plus[Times[A_.,Power[denom_,-1]],Times[B_.,Power[denom_,-1]]]:>
      Factor[Plus[A,B]Power[denom,-1]]//InputForm
Out[1]//InputForm=
(a + c)/i + b/j

The actual expression I am working with contains thousands of terms, and
a pairwise algorithm such as this is wholly inadequate. Will one of you
please suggest a more efficient way to combine each additive term in a
large expression with a shared denominator?

Thanks,

Blake Laing
physics grad student
University of Oklahoma