Re: Re: Pythonika: Python in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71937] Re: [mg71563] Re: Pythonika: Python in Mathematica
  • From: Ero Carrera <ero.carrera at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 06:04:36 -0500 (EST)

Some modules/uses are, for instance:

  -Numpy (will use LAPACK if installed)
  -NetworkX
  -MPI libraries (pyMPI)
  -Database connectivity

(Some of these modules just provide for thing that can be done within
Mathematica, but code that uses them can actually be later run
outside, independently from Mathematica. That was one of the things I
was looking after, so I can use Mathematica as a research environment
and once the code does what I intend it to do I can just run it
somewhere else)

Although I had other things in mind. For one, taking advantage of the
interactivity of the Mathematic notebooks to test algorithms written
in Python that I could later deploy as a module and use outside
Mathematica. I also wanted to be able to use/connect to modules I had
written in Python (or C/C++ ones wrapped on it).
As it's the machine's native Python that it's embedded, there are a
good bunch of highly optimized scientific packages already available
(like the previously listed).

--
Ero