Re: Numerical Integration
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg71987] Re: Numerical Integration
- From: Peter Pein <petsie at dordos.net>
- Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 06:25:35 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: 1&1 Internet AG
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Antonio Neves schrieb: > Dear All, > > I have found this discussion very interesting. I have a similar > problem and was wondering if a similar "oneliner" solution for numeric > integrals of associated Legendre polynomial involving intervals that > contains many zeros of LegendreP[n,m,z] is possible. > Any idea how to generate a list of Zeros for LegendreP[n,m,z]? > Haven't found and library as, Needs["NumericalMath`BesselZeros`"] > > Many thanks, > Antonio Neves > If you want to integrate over a finite interval and the default call to NIntegrate doesn't give accurate results, it might be worth the try to increase Maxrecursion, SingularityDepth, or in combination with Method->GaussKronrod: GaussPoints->20 or even more. If you supply more detailed information on your problem, we could propably help you.