Re: Mathematica question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg71980] Re: Mathematica question
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 06:25:22 -0500 (EST)

First it is better to show us your function!

Sometimes, you can "help" Mathematica a bit in order to get a closed
form result from a
definite integration, show if we know the function it will be easier to

Anyway, note that if Mathematica cannot provide a closed form result
this does not mean that your integral cannot be done analytically.
Remember, you have a very powerful tool in your hand called Contour

Also, take a lok of the many great integral (transform) tables books
published over the years such as those
P. Prudnikov, Yu. A. Brychkov, and O. I. Marichev
Erdélyi, A.; Oberhettinger, M. F.; and Tricomi, F. G
Bateman, H
Gradshteyn,Ryzhik,Jeffrey and Zwillinger
Fritz Oberhettinger

See also here

As regards the numerical treatment...again we need to see your
function; for it may need special treatment!

Î?/Î? d_herrmann at έγÏ?αÏ?ε: