FullSimplify and HypergeometricPFQ

Hi,
I have a question regarding something that Mathematica can do via the
command FullSimplify.
I use it to prove an identity between HypergeometricPFQ's. However it
would be helpful to me to see how Mathematica proves it. How can I get
access to the intermediate expressions and the transformations applied?
Also, is there a definite list of all the things FullSimplify will try
in Automatic setting?
Thank you very much