Re: FullSimplify and HypergeometricPFQ

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72076] Re: [mg72035] FullSimplify and HypergeometricPFQ
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 04:54:46 -0500 (EST)

Andrzej Kozlowski once made a post describing how to take a look at
the expressions tried by FullSimplify. Perhaps by looking at the
sequence of expressions, you could figure out which transformations
are applied.

To do this, change the ComplexityFunction option of FullSimplify to
Print or Sow or otherwise store the argument before the LeafCount is
returned. If you don't know how, look up Function and
CompoundExpression in the help browser or find and read Andrzej's old
post.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/