Two suggestions for Wolfram Workbench

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72039] Two suggestions for Wolfram Workbench
  • From: "Jepessen" <jepessen at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 06:09:46 -0500 (EST)

Hi.

I've started some day ago to use the great Wolfram Workbench (I've
subscribed the Premier Service only for it... ;-) ).

I've two things to ask...

First, I'd like to know if there's a way to convert all Mathematica
help directory, in Eclipse format, so I can use it within that editor,
instead of open Mathematica every minute.

I think that it can be a great thing to develop software with it. I
think that's simple, because Eclipse documentation it's a directory of
HTML files, as you can see, for example, if you download the mysql
documentation in eclipse format, or navigate inside its directories to
find directly the workbench help.

Another thing that I really miss in Wolfram Workbench, is the
possibility to have a notebook directly inside it, in a tab, instead of
open the front-end every way that I must to do some calculation.
there's a .mscrapbook file to simple calculations, but it's not ideal
for normal notebooks, with cells, graphics and so on. I think sincerely
that it's possible, via mathlink, but I'm not be able to do it... :-(

Ignoring for a second this secon suggestion, is there anyone that's
able to convert mathematica help in eclipse format?

Daniele