Re: Two suggestions for Wolfram Workbench

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72115] Re: [mg72039] Two suggestions for Wolfram Workbench
  • From: Adam Berry <adamb at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 06:38:40 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not have a simple way to hook the help into the
workbench at this time.
We are investigating such a feature, and
for example the webMathematica documentation is provided as Eclipse
style HTML help in the webMathematica feature.

http://www.wolfram.com/products/workbench/features/webmathematica.html

has some info on the webMathematica tools and a link to getting them.

Your second question about embedding the notebook interface inside the
Workbench, is
something that we have been thinking about, but it is
not simple to do this on all platforms.  Mathlink just provides
a way to communicate between different processes, it does not
give any technology for embedding window systems.

Regards,

Adam Berry
Wolfram Research, Inc.