Re: how-to show a contourplot together with a point grid

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72029] Re: how-to show a contourplot together with a point grid
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 06:09:36 -0500 (EST)

Here is an example of what you want:

<< "Graphics`Graphics`"

Create two tables to work with: the first is one quadrant of a 2D Gaussian
bump function, and the second is the corresponding 2D lattice coordinates.

{m, n} = {64, 64};
mat = Table[Exp[-((i^2 + j^2)/5000)], {i, m}, {j, n}];
grid = Table[{i, j}, {i, m}, {j, n}];

Generate the displayed forms of the above two tables. Wrap this in
DisplayTogether so that the generation of the two separate images is done
silently, and only their superposition is actually displayed.

DisplayTogether[ListContourPlot[mat, PlotRange -> All],
Show[Graphics[Map[Point, grid, {2}]],
   AspectRatio -> 1]]

Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK