RE: how-to show a contourplot together with a point grid

Hi,

>     i have a matix of dimension {m,n} and make a
> listcontourplot out of it. and i have another matrix of the
> same dimension and make a plot by
> : Show[Map[Point,grid]].
>    i want to overlap these two plots together. And I have
> tried using the second one as the Epilog of the first one,
> but it did not work. any ideas?
>    generally, how can i overlap two plots in one figure?
>    thanks for your attentions and reply

It is very difficult to give specific help since you heven't given a
specific example.  In future, I suggest you post the code that you are
having problems with.

Generate some data, then plot it

	data = Table[Sin[x y], {x, -Pi, Pi, Pi/10}, {y, -Pi, Pi, Pi/10}];
	cplt = ListContourPlot[data, ColorFunction -> Rainbow, MeshRange ->
{{-Pi, Pi}, {-Pi, Pi}},
      	FrameTicks -> {PiScale, PiScale, None, None}];

For the colour function, I define

	Rainbow[z_] := Hue[.8 z];

You will also need to load Graphics`Graphics for PiScale to work.

Next, generate the points and plot them

	pnts = Table[{x, y}, {x, -Pi, Pi, Pi/10}, {y, -Pi, Pi, Pi/10}];
	pplt = Show[Graphics[Point[#] & /@ Partition[Flatten[pnts], 2]]];

Finally, display the two plots

	Show[cplt, pplt];

Show[] is usually how you'd display two (or more) plots together.

Regards,

Dave.