Re: Problem with text rendering on Linux.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72052] Re: Problem with text rendering on Linux.
  • From: ddtl <this at is.invalid>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 04:48:59 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 11:28:55 +0000 (UTC), "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
wrote:

>Try dragging another window over Mathematica to damage it and the
>dragging the other window away to trigger a repaint.

It doesn't help. Additionally it happens all the time, and it is
just impossible to work when every couple of key strokes you need to
refresh screen, even if it was possible.

BTW, nothing like that ever happened when I used Windows version of
Mathematica. Looks like Mathematica for Linux is just an afterthought,
(quite unsuccessfull, I must say) the problem above is only one of the
many problems which plague Linux version.

ddtl.