Re: RE: FullSimplify and HypergeometricPFQ

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72087] Re: [mg72050] RE: [mg72035] FullSimplify and HypergeometricPFQ
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 04:55:21 -0500 (EST)
On 11 Dec 2006, at 09:45, Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:

> Expressions involving semi-algebraic functions (polynomials with
> radicals) already suffer from branching problems, which make them
> often impossible do deal with in practice.

I should not have used the phrase "semi-algebraic functions" here;
that would be the correct description only in the real case. I guess
in the complex case they should be referred to as "elements of some
algebraic extension of the the field of rational functions" - maybe
calling them "algebraic functions" is O.K.

Andrzej Kozlowski