Slow Help Browser

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72100] Slow Help Browser
  • From: "Kristof M. Lebecki" <lebecki at ifpan.edu.pl>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 04:55:43 -0500 (EST)

 The question was already on the forum, not answered however.

 Why often the browser has to wait seconds before it loads a given page?
 Don't tell me about initial compilation, please. I am using Lady
Mathematica
 for a few years already. So, I compiled already everything what was
 necessary, I believe.

 According to one post I looked at the Wolfram side with no hints inside,
 however.

 I just tried to empty the cache (start while pressing Shift), with to
 effort.

 My environment: Version Number: 5.1.0.0, o/s Windows 2000

 My friend has same problems. Due to his experience he can compare it,
 however, with earlier versions of M., where everything was so fast.

 His environment: Version Number: 5.1, o/s Windows XP

 Regards, Kris