Re: How to plot a parellal line

Swati Agrawal wrote:

> I am a new Mathematica user.  I can't find a way to graph a  line
> parallel to the y or something like x-5=0.

Hi Jyothi/Swathi,

ParametricPlot[{5,y},{y,-4,6},AspectRatio->Automatic,GridLines->Automatic];

(* Just play with the above command choosing any functions for x or y,
you have an automatic grid plotting available, for example: *)

ParametricPlot[{y^2 - 4y +3,y},{y,4,-1},AspectRatio->Automatic,
GridLines->Automatic];
ParametricPlot[{x^1 - 4x^3 +3,x},{x,1,-1},AspectRatio->Automatic,
GridLines->Automatic];