Re: Problem with text rendering on Linux.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72146] Re: Problem with text rendering on Linux.
  • From: "Blake" <blakeandteresa at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 06:40:34 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I experienced the same problem. I am using the Nvidia proprietary
driver and found the following solution in the mathgroup thread "Re:
Mathematica 5.2 redraw errors with X and nvidia graphics card"

I added the following to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "Extensions"
         Option "Composite" "disable"
EndSection

Now if I only knew how to fix the ugly blocky fonts...

Blake