Re: interpolation of a matrix function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72122] Re: interpolation of a matrix function
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 06:39:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi Daniele,
  The principle is simple, we interpolate every matrixelement
seperately, but we need some pretty complicated data juggling.
To make it easier,we define some functions, that give us the independent
and dependent  variables:
dat={
  {1,{{4,3},{3,4}}},
  {2,{{5,7},{2,3}}},
  {2.3,{{8,5},{5,4}}},
  {3,6,{{1,1},{5,6}}}
  }
col[0] = dat[[All, 1]];
col[i_, j_] := dat[[All, 2, i, j]];
WIth this we feed the Interpolationfunction. With the result we define a
new function that returns the interpolated matrix:
matfun = Evaluate[Table[Interpolation[Transpose[{col[0], col[i,
matfun[1] yields {{4., 3.}, {3., 4.}} and matfun[1.5] yields:{{1.49704,
7.85503}, {-0.747041, 2.32396}}
Daniel