Re: Missing <<Miscellaneous`PhysicalConstants` package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72248] Re: Missing <<Miscellaneous`PhysicalConstants` package
  • From: "Steven.Shippee" <slshippee at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 05:18:04 -0500 (EST)

I can not tell you about the student version, as I would have to
download it and install it adjacent to my current version of 5.2.

However, assuming it is similar in nature to the commercial version,
and has the added feature of requiring you to register the specific
machine you have installed in on, I would start by trying to lad the
package this way:

<< Miscellaneous`PhysicalConstants`

This then loads the file found in the location:

C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\5.2\AddOns\StandardPackages\Miscellaneous\PhysicalConstants.m

If that file is there you should be in good shape.  If the file is
missing you have a problem, but the pathing above is mine, and  yours
might be different.  You could also search your hard drive for it in
the event it was accidently moved to another folder.

Steven Shippee