Centering Text Cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72298] Centering Text Cell
  • From: Bruce Colletti <vze269bv at verizon.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 06:35:13 -0500 (EST)

Re Mathematica 5.2 under WinXP.

In the code below, output cell #2 is the "caption" of output cell #1.  How would I center the caption under the graphic, if it can be done at all?

Tech support has crafted a clever solution that uses scaled coordinates and Epilog to create a single output cell.

However, I wonder if this centering can be done while keeping the two output cells intact.  If so, then "maintaining" the caption becomes easier.

Thankx.

Bruce

Plot[x^2, {x, -3, 3}];

CellPrint[Cell[BoxData[
     GridBox[{{"Column I", "Column II"}, {"Row1", "Code1"},
        {"Row2", "Code2"}}, ColumnAlignments -> {Right, Left}]
     ], "Text"]];