How can a dump file with 1.28MB have nothing in it?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72310] How can a dump file with 1.28MB have nothing in it?
  • From: "doesitinmud" <harderm at onid.orst.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 04:30:55 -0500 (EST)

  I have been saving my intermediate results to a dump file during the
course of a very large notebook (~10MB, ~800 lines).  I decided to
begin a new notebook, and begin it by opening the dump file.  When I
started a new notebook and loaded the dump file, I could no longer find
any of the symbol definitions saved from the old notebook.  How did
this happen?  How can I retrieve the information in the dump file?