Re: Generating systems of constraints

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72371] Re: Generating systems of constraints
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:59:27 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

assuming your variables named a[1],a[2], a[3] ..
than define

SetAttributes[b, Orderless]
MakeConstrains[n_Integer] := With[{vNo = n},
     Block[{var, constrain},
       var = Table[a[i], {i, 1, vNo}];
       constrain = Union[Flatten[Outer[b[#1, #2] &, var, var]] /. b[v1_,
       v1_] :> Sequence[]] /. b -> NotEqual;
       constrain = Join[constrain, 0 <= # <= vNo & /@ var];
       And @@ constrain
      ]
     ]

and

MakeConstrains[120000]

will construct the conditions for 120000
variables.

Regards
   Jens