Overriding Mathematica function Print

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64252] Overriding Mathematica function Print
  • From: Sascha Kratky <notvalid at>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 03:53:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I need to override the built-in function Print, because I have to
capture the output generated by Print. I am sending the following
definitions to the Mathematica kernel:

      Unprotect[ Print ];
      Print[ args___ ] := ...

Once I have overridden Print, how can I later restore the original
built-in function?