Using sockets for "downloader" application in Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg64288] Using sockets for "downloader" application in Mathematica
- From: Renan <renan.birck at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 02:45:15 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I have a Mathematica program which will read data from a file. The file is in a Web server and so must be retrieved, so I use !"wget http://URL/filename" In Linux this is OK, but in Windows this is a source of trouble for me, as Windows doesn't have a 'wget' by default. So, is there some way to implement a "downloader" for a file in Mathematica? Running Mathematica 5.2, Windows XP. Thanks, Renan.