mathematica problems with nautilus

Hi!

I am not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I may
one can link me to the answer :).

I have Mathematica 5.2 installed on Gentoo. When I start nautilus I get
the right icons and mime-type is "application/mathematica". But as soon
as I click on the file it jumps down in the list and changes to
mime-type "plain text document". Actually it is only the
Mathematica-extension .nb that behaves like that.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks!