- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg64276] Poisson equation
- From: Uli Wuerfel <uli.wuerfel at fmf.uni-freiburg.de>
- Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 02:44:42 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: InterNetNews at News.BelWue.DE (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am tying to solve the Poisson equation in cylindrical coordinates:
I tried to do this with the boundary conditions being that the potential
phi euqals 1 on the bottom and the walls of the cylinder.
Unfortunately, Mathematica does not accept it.
I also tried to make it time-dependent and taking then the steady-state
value of the solution but this either does not work.
Must be something wrong in general.
Could you please help?
Prev by Date:
Remove Indeterminate elements
Next by Date:
Re: Overriding Mathematica function Print
Previous by thread:
Re: Remove Indeterminate elements
Next by thread:
Comparison of Mathematica on Various Computers