Plotting a set of complex points

Hello,

Suppose that I have a function f, defined on a set of complex numbers. For example, f(z)=1/z^2.
Suppose that I also have a set (called A) of complex points satisfying some known conditions such as A1 = {z : Abs[z] < 1} or A2 = {z : Re[z]=2} or A3 = {z : z^27 + 3 z^15 - iz = Re[z]-2 Im[z^16]}...

I managed to plot the complex region A1 with 'ComplexInequalityPlot' but I don't know how to plot a more general complex plane region (like the very simple A2 or A3). I would like to give to mathematica a set of complex points and having it plotted.

Then, I would like to view (ie plot) the image of A by f.

Could you help me ?

Thank you very much in advance !

Tchouk

ps. I'm using Mathematica 5.2.