Re: SetOptions with Column

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64474] Re: [mg64456] SetOptions with Column
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 02:50:00 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I don't understand your equation, but do you mean something like this?

(eqns = {a == x y, a == u/v}) // TableForm

or do you mean a Piecewise function, which is formatted for you?

Generally I wouldn't think it is worth detailed formatting of a GridBox for
a homework assignment.

David Park
djmp at

From: Rob Munger [mailto:rob.munger at]
To: mathgroup at

Hello, all,

I am trying to use Mathematica to typeset homework assignments. I'm trying
to use GridBoxes to format multi-line equations of the following sort:
a = b
  = c
  = d
  = e
  = f
Because I use formulas like this a lot, it would be nice if I could get
Mathematica to make the default alignment for the columns of GridBoxes to be
"Left," instead of "Center." However, when I try to use SetOptions to
accomplish this, I get:

My Mathematica abilities are somewhat limited, so I have no idea what is
going wrong (or going write, as the case may be). Using Unprotect didn't

Any ideas?

I'm using Mathematica on WinXP.