SetOptions with Column

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64456] SetOptions with Column
  • From: Rob Munger <rob.munger at>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 04:12:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hello, all,

I am trying to use Mathematica to typeset homework assignments. I'm trying
to use GridBoxes to format multi-line equations of the following sort:
a = b
  = c
  = d
  = e
  = f
Because I use formulas like this a lot, it would be nice if I could get Mathematica to make the default alignment for the columns of GridBoxes to be "Left," instead of "Center." However, when I try to use SetOptions to accomplish this, I get:

My Mathematica abilities are somewhat limited, so I have no idea what is going wrong (or going write, as the case may be). Using Unprotect didn't help.

Any ideas?

I'm using Mathematica on WinXP.