Greek-Letter Bug? Replacing Print

Try this:

1. Create a new cell, print something with Print[].
2. In the same cell, above the Print call, create a Greek letter using:
\[Alpha]

The Print is replaced now by Alpha[]. I fail to see the purpose of this,
so I am thinking it may be a bug? I have tried this with Alpha, Omega,
Beta... strange. It only seems to be replacing Print.

Thanks,
_Shyam