Re: Greek-Letter Bug? Replacing Print

In article <dt9j5h$gp5$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Shyam Guthikonda <shyamguth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try this:
>
> 1. Create a new cell, print something with Print[].
> 2. In the same cell, above the Print call, create a Greek letter using:
> \[Alpha]
>
> The Print is replaced now by Alpha[].

Indeed it is -- most weird.

If you do esc-a-esc to input the Alpha, it does not happen.

> I fail to see the purpose of this, so I am thinking it may be a bug?
> I have tried this with Alpha, Omega, Beta... strange. It only seems to be replacing Print.

When I do \[Beta] it does not happen, but \[Gamma] and \[Omega] does (on
my Powerbook under 5.2).

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Abbott                                      Phone:  61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013                            Fax: +61 8 6488 1014
The University of Western Australia         (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)
AUSTRALIA                               http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul