General--Making the DisplayFormula style in ArticleModern look like Traditional

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64565] General--Making the DisplayFormula style in ArticleModern look like Traditional
  • From: box2718-news at yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 05:58:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, all,

I'm still attempting to use Mathematica to typeset homework. I'm having all
sorts of difficulty trying to figure out how to get Mathematica to do what I
want it to do, so I appreciate any help that you can give. I don't have a
particularly deep question right now, but I am acutely aware that I don't
really feel like I know what is going on.

I'm using the articlemodern style, and very frequently use the style
"display formula". I would like the formulas that I write to come out
looking like TraditionalForm, but they default to StandardForm. I can
certainly change this every time I read a formula, but it would be nice to
be able to edit the style sheet so that it defaults to TraditionalForm
instead of StandardForm. Try as I might, though, I haven't been able to do
this.  Any suggestions?

Rob

Link to the forum page for this post:
http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=8452#p8452