Re: JLink, Double.NaN, and arrays
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg64635] Re: JLink, Double.NaN, and arrays
- From: "mmalsbur at vt.edu" <mmalsbur at vt.edu>
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:19:11 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
The workaround was to represent each list of doubles as two arrays: a list of doubles and a list of ints. The list of doubles contained the same contents as the original array except that NaN, Infinity, and NegInfinity were replaced with 0. The second list contains flags that described the values in the original array of doubles. The flags were: 0 for a real-valued double, 1 for NaN. 2 for Inf. 3 for NegInf. etc...