Q: How do I format text within a cell of GridBox[]?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64677] Q: How do I format text within a cell of GridBox[]?
  • From: "terry" <terryisnow at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 05:07:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I run a lot of simulations where I make use of GridBox[] to display a
nice table of my results. Naturally the first call to GridBox is to
display the column headings for my table and the call looks something
like this:

Print[GridBox[{{"Time","Number of Times Parameters Changes
Directions","Error","Parameter #1"}}, ColumnWidths->{5,5,4,6}] //
DisplayForm];

I pretty much got everything formatted correctly except for headings
that consist of more than one word (like the second heading).
Ideally in cases like this I would like Mathematica to automatically
break the sentence into appropriate fragments that fit into the cell
widths defined by ColumnWidths then to center each individual
fragment). Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks for all your help. I've been puzzling over this one for awhile.

Terry