select and paste issue

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63733] select and paste issue
  • From: Norm Finlay <finlay at brandonu.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 03:22:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

One of our people is getting corruption in Mathematica v5.2 while
editing .nb files.  Upon selecting multiple characters with the shift -
right arrow or shift-left arrow, one of more numbers will suddenly
replace the selected text.  This happens without any number
keys being pressed while adding to the hilighted or selected text.

Has anyone seen this behavior?  We are using debian sid and XFree86 v4.3.
Please cc my address.  Thanks very much.