Fontsize and scaling of graphic objects

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63882] Fontsize and scaling of graphic objects
  • From: Maarten <maarten at stack.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 04:32:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I was wondering if there is some way of getting text to scale with the graphics sizes and to specify the textsize in terms of relative coordinates. That is, I was the text to rescale along with my image, without resorting to manually changing the fontsize to refit the text.

This might require a function to render the text as a vector object and then inserting it into the graphics object.

Does something like this exist, or is there some other trick? The way it is implemented now seems very odd to me, as it reduces the scalability of vector graphics generated by mathematica. I would like this to get the text size to scale along in a GraphPlot graphics object.