GUIKIT - Export Graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63968] GUIKIT - Export Graphics
  • From: "Emanuel" <vonwartburg at phys.ethz.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:45:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello

I wrote a GUIKit-Widget which produces a graph and display this graph
in a Widget frame. The graph was stored in the variable <cp>. Then I
want to save this graph in a file using the save file dialog (script
below). I can choose a name in the dialog, but the Export-function
doesn't work. No error was displayed. Has anyone an idea, what is wrong
with my script?

Script[
        exportcs[] := Module[{fng},
           Widget["FileDialog", Name -> "saveFileDialog"];
           returnValue = InvokeMethod[{"saveFileDialog",
"showSaveDialog"}, Null];
           If[returnValue === PropertyValue[{"saveFileDialog",
"APPROVE_OPTION"}],
           PropertyValue[{PropertyValue[{"saveFileDialog",
"selectedFile"}], "path"}], Null];
           fng = ToString[PropertyValue[{"saveFileDialog",
"selectedFile"}], InputForm];
           Export[fng, cp, "JPEG"];
        ]
     ]